I am not a perfectionist. It took me many years and two children to learn this nugget of information. Now that I know, I truly live differently; more freely.

I am not ultimately creative. I steal others' ideas and make them my own. Creating from scratch makes me stressed, headachey and grouchy.

I am not a great chef or baker. I am only now learning to roast a chicken and bake chocolate chip cookies that will be eaten by actual humans.

However, it is a little known fact that I love making cakes. I started 3 years ago when a playgroup friend needed a cake and our actual cake-making-super-creative friend was unavailable. She told me how to do it and wha-la: a Caterpillar. From there, I made cakes for friends' kids and my kids and baby showers, etc.

Today, I'm embarking on an ambitious endeavor of actually charging real money for my creations (that are by no means perfect or ultimately creative; although it is certainly my goal!). I'm raising money for the Susan G. Koman 3-day for the Cure breast cancer walk. (I'm also walking the 3-day in September. More on that later)

Please consider supporting and getting a cute cake too! What kind of party are you having? What cake design do you want?

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

a Cars racetrack for Gavin

Gavin came dangerously close to sharing his 2nd birthday with a baby sister, but gladly baby Fiona waited a week and Gavin was celebrated as a two year old should- with cake!

1 comment:

  1. OK! I think you have mastered the race track cakes! This one is amazing! Wow!

    ReplyDelete